amzntammy12.wordpress.com tagged me to do a “10 Fun Facts” about me. I don’t know how interesting or fun this will be, but…here goes:
1. A lot of people refer to me as a Pitbull. Actually, I am a full-blooded, American Staffordshire Terrier. Pitbull is a generic name incorporating many breeds. I am proud of my breed even though we are misunderstood dogs.
2. American Staffordshire Terriers are banned in parts of the world. I am grateful our city does not have BSL (Breed-Selective Legislation) laws, or I would automatically be taken from my home and PTS (put to sleep). I think BSL is silly because we dogs don’t train ourselves to fight, people train us to fight, and all dogs are victims in dog fighting. I think lawmakers should crack down harder on people, not dogs. Dog fighting is a felony in every state; but it still goes on, because many police cannot make arrests in dog fighting, unless a fight is actually in progress.
3. I have never bitten anyone. I have “flash mobbed” or kissed people so much they couldn’t breathe, or so I have heard. I’m a lover girl. hee hee hee.
4. I’m a working dog who is highly intelligent. I did very well at school and boot camp. My Mom would like to train me as a therapy dog, but I get very excited and happy around humans.
5. I’m all white, except for a black spot on my tail and two tiny black “vampire bites” behind my right ear.
6. I turned 3 years old in January (My estimated birthday, since I was taken in as a stray).
7. The Bad People bred me when I was just 7 months old. Then they took my puppies and kicked me out into the street where I was found as a stray. I don’t know what happened to my puppies, and I do think about them often.
8. I spent 6 months living in a cage in an animal shelter. Then Jamie, Mom, and Dad took me home.
9. I can sprint very, very, fast; about 30 mph.
10. I dislike getting wet and do not like going potty in the snow. Which is significant, since we just had 18″ of the white stuff dumped on us!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this! Hope I tagged (amzntammy12.wordpress.com right!)
Woof! Love, Maggie